Friday, March 30, 2012

Freeeeeddomm!

This morning I paid off my last credit card.

And then I cried, ran onto my balcony, and yelled 'Freeeeeddomm!' better than Mel Gibson ever could have done it.

It feels SOOOO good!



I hate when people say money doesn't matter.  It does for everyone.  But especially when you don't have it.  Owing an accumulating amount of debt over the past 10 years has shaped decisions, caused conflict with people in my life, lost opportunities, affected my self-esteem, and ultimately trapped me in a downward spiral.  Seeing that balance at zero... that's very freeing for me.

And now just another ten years on my student loans...

3 comments:

  1. Yahoo I love that feeling! Good job Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good for you. There is a wonderful sense of expansion when we begin living within your means. Its a form of sustainability when we accept what means we have in this moment. Money is only an exchange, thats all. Prosperity comes in many forms; money can be one, but we can feel prosperous with only two cents in our pocket.

    ReplyDelete